Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A touch of spring

Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Can you believe it! It is now April and we just finished another snowstorm. My mailbox is barely peaking out from the snowbanks and the light post is at least five feet tall, is almost covered. I still believe that spring will show itself now and this is the end of the nasty weather.
My garden fence is almost buried and to think that this fence is four feet high at least. Will I be tilling the ground in a months time? I highly doubt it so I guess I'll just keep quilting for the time being.


April showers bring May flowers. Well that works some years, but, in this case it brings freezing rain and snow. These flowers are from my gardens from last year. It won't be long now........





Our quilt today is called "Japanese Gardens". It is 59" x 76" and shows a lovely assortment of Japanese florals. Helen has done a nice job on this quilt and we quilted it with a Japanese lanterns all over pattern.The quilting does not show up for the camera on the back because of the matching thread colour,but you can see the quilting very clearly on the front. I love the Spring of the year and I just know that the snow is going disappear very quickly. Until next week, keep quilting. Gwenda







1 comment:

  1. Maybe having some tulips in my house would make it feel a bit more springy with ALL of this SNOW!
    Lovely quilt and quilting G and E!

    ReplyDelete