Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Shades along the St Croix River

Wednesday, February 5, 2014
We took a drive today to St. Stephen since tomorrow we  are suppose to get another snowstorm. The St. Croix River is opened up and as you can see the birds are having a great time. The water has many shades of blue and green tones just like the quilt I will show you today. The Ground Hog didn't see his shadow this week so I guess I only have six more weeks of winter to quilt. It doesn't make much difference to me since I quilt all year. You gotta love it!



Our quilt today is this lovely French Braid Quilt done by Flo. She has used many shades of blues and greenish blue shades that go from darks to lights just like the waters of the St. Croix River. This quilt is 106" x 113"  and fits on Flo's bed beautifully. The quilting pattern I used for this quilt is called Ocean Froth at 8". This is a lovely pieced quilt and Flo has done a nice job on it. I bet that with tommow's forecast that Flo will be piecing on her next project and maybe you will be too. See you next week! Gwenda









No comments:

Post a Comment