Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall Colours





Thursday, October 10, 2013
The fall season has so many beautiful scenes of colour and like picking fabrics for your quilts its hard to choose a favorite. The red barn in this first picture makes a huge splash of colour in the landscape. Sometimes when you are picking a color for your quilts it is nice to have that little bit of "Wow" factor as an element of surprise. 

Look at the big squash  or pumpkin that was at the exhibition this year. I can just imagine the number of pies it will make. The bright orange colours of the carrots are so vibrant and I bet you are using a lot of these colours in your fall quilts. Thanksgiving is almost here and I'm sure carrots will be on my menu.  Below, I found the bright red berries on the American Mountain Ash. The birds will soon have them devoured for their dinner.


I don't have a fall quilt to show you today, I'm saving it for Monday. Let me show you this lovely, colorful quilt done by Susan. It is a "One-Block Wonder" quilt in yellows and turquoise. It is 77" x 82" and quilted with an allover pattern of hummingbirds. Its hard to believe that all those hexagons are from one fabric. Susan enjoyed making this quilt and we enjoyed quilting it for her. I know you will enjoy looking at it. I hope everyone has a great and safe thanksgiving weekend. Until then, I must get my pies and turkey ready for our dinner on Sunday, I'll share our Thanksgiving with you on Thanksgiving Day, Monday. See you then ! Gwenda





















No comments:

Post a Comment