Monday, September 23, 2013

Pickles and Pieces

Monday, September 23, 2013
Today is the first full day of Fall and all my pickling is done. I have a small sampling of Million Dollar Pickles and Lady Ashburnham Pickles  ready for storage. Its time to clean up the garden and get ready for tulip beds. So much to do this time of year, I call this blog "Pickles and Pieces". The fabric scraps are on the table getting ready to do the Christmas and Fall projects. 

I was down river to pick up some extra veggies on the weekend and the pumpkin pile is growing. Lots of Jack O' Lanterns here and maybe a few pumpkin pies!

 The gourds are so beautiful and come in all shapes and sizes just like all those fabric scraps your rifling through for your next project. Color is certainly all around us.

Todays quilt is full of bright colors. Barb tells me that its just her scrap quilt, but my, the colors are wonderful. Barb has harvested all these beautiful shades together to pull of this bright little number. This quilt is 60" x 76" and  is stippled all over. This quilt cheers you right up. Happy Fall! Gwenda







2 comments:

  1. Pickles...yum, especially the Lady Asburnham!! Lucky you.
    Love the Slab Quilt. First time I heard of "slabs" was to send blocks to the Calgary Flood Victims, I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made Lady Ashburnham pickles for the first time this year. I love them. I used Linda H. recipe and they are not as sweet as my regular mustard pickles. Love the colors of this scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete