Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The water sure looks inviting.................

Monday, July 22, 2013.

 It's Monday again and I decided to show you some views of my gardens. The weather has been so warm that I have stayed inside to quilt and sew and so, my gardens have not had the care they should be getting. However I still enjoy them as they survive on their own.



These pictures were taken in the early morning as the sun was coming through the trees. This is a small portion of the gardens as they wind their way down and around through two other arbors. One arbor is loaded with northern kiwi while the other has climbing roses. This massive garden is just like planning out a patchwork quilt. Everything must fit in the right place.


Our flower today is the "Clematis". They are loaded with blossom this year because of all the rain we received. They certainly are a deep purple and are on trellis's way above my head. .



Oh my! I certainly got on a bag kick the other week. Once I made one, I couldn't stop until I made ten in total. Here they are lined up on the table ready to give to all my sisters, daughter and daughter-in-law. They loved them!



Little quilts can be so much fun! This little quilt is 37 x 37 inches and is quilted in the pattern called "Wisteria". Sally made this quilt for her daughter with the colors from her daughters wedding. You will notice the blocks are randomly pieced together using all her favorite colors. It is hard to see the quilting on the back of this quilt in the pictures with all the lines in the fabric. What a nice little quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment