Thursday, June 20, 2013

Last day of spring 2013, the last month sure has been wet!!!

June 20, 2013, Last day of Spring. I'm sorry to see Spring go, its my favorite time of year but time must march on. Today the flowers pictures, from my garden, are samples of some bright cheery colours. There is no particular reason for showing them to you other than the beautiful colors,they go nicely with today's quilt. Such a cheery sight for our last day of spring. The bright yellow Tuberous Begonias are very hot in the spring garden. This annual will be showy all summer.

These two specimens are called Columbines, they come in many different variations and are so dependable to come back every spring. They are a nice little perennial.


You can't get much brighter than this lovely shrub. Its the first year for my garden and it is an Orange Northern Light Azalea. Imagine the colour that it will have as it gets bigger. Don't you love these bright colors to close out spring and you will find these same colors in the great quilt below.
Today I will introduce you to Jeanne Kaye's quilt called "Adam Rib". This quilt is 58.5 x 76 inches and was quilted in the pattern called Van Gogh at 8". What magnificent colors she has chosen. I love the swirls in the quilting pattern and they show so nice with the geometrics. A very cheery and fun quilt Jeanne Kaye. Let summer march forward and I will show you more summer fun flowers and beautiful quilts that are being done all around us. I hope you are at least enjoying my blog, and if so let me know once in a while so I know your still interested. See you next week! Gwenda




2 comments:

  1. Gwenda, Thanks for featuring my quilt today June 20. You did a fabulous job quilting it, and it looks just great. I read your blog twice every week -- keep up the good work! Jeanne Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is always so beautiful with all the colors from your beautiful gardens and the many quilts you share with us. I am now inspired to try my hand at some serious gardening. Lucy

    ReplyDelete