Monday, June 24, 2013

Flowers on display

June 24,2013, Monday. It's our last week of June and schools are letting out for the summer. I can't help but think of all those years in the classroom when I couldn't wait to be outside in the gardens and fields. Now I spend much of my time quilting and gardening which I never get tired of it. I know that many quilters are also garden lovers and with all the color out there right now, its great. Look at thie beautiful quilt I have to show you today. This quilt is called "Daisy Patch" and made by Patricia. I love these big, colorful flowers and I couldn't help take the picture overlooking some of my gardens. This quilt is 59x76 and was quilted in  the pattern called "Festive Daisy". You can see this great pattern on the back side of the  quilt in the following pictures. Enjoy these pictures today and see below my featured flowers for Monday.  






Overall view of the gardens from my front steps in the early morning. The sun is just shining through the trees.


The Tiger lillies are just coming out.

This big German Iris is called "Stepping Out" It is a very showy iris and I love having it in my gardens.



2 comments:

  1. I remember when you first got that iris, mom. It's one of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the flowers, and that sweet flower quilt. So simple, but so nice. Love...

    ReplyDelete