Monday, March 25, 2013

Box Top Challenge

March 25, 2013
Today is Monday.  We will start the week of with a big bowl of Cheerios for breakfast. Actually this little wallhanging was a boxtop challenge. At our guild we had to pick a boxtop out of the bin. The cardboard picture of Cheerios was the one I got. You had to make something quilted using colors from your boxtop. I love to make still lifes so this was a fun project for me. The center of the picture is done in a small stippling around the pitchers. The outside border is done in the pattern called Christopers Feathers while the inside border has a double line. Someone asked me how I found fabric with the little cheerios on it. They are just the right colored fabric cut in small circles. I added the centres with fabric paint and used invisible thread to sew them down. It works great. The pitchers are highlighted with fabric paint shading. Hope you enjoyed my little boxtop.




No comments:

Post a Comment